On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Dale Schroeder wrote:

I experienced the same thing mounting a WD Netcenter drive. I also found nothing through Google. My workaround was to use smbfs instead of cifs. However, since smbfs is to be eliminated at some point, have you tried Ethy's suggestion, and did it work?

Dale

Yes, I have seen others say that smbfs works and is better, but since cifs is newer and as you say smbfs will eventually cease to exist I would like to get it working.

Thanks,
Jonathan