I'm using a Linux workstation in an NT domain environment.  I ran into a problem
today where my NT password had expired and I could no longer use any services

Jeremy,

It is essential that you provide specifics about your Samba implementation (e.g., version of samba, distro that you are running samba, and any critical config parameters) if you are wanting any real help from anyone. The way you've phrased your question would be similar to calling a mechanic on the phone and saying "my car is making a funny noise, please tell me how to fix it."

Greg

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
President