Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I'm running Samba 3.0.23c on Debian-arm (unstable), kernel 2.6.18.

I can copy files from the Samba server just fine, when I do it from a Linux machine.

When I want to copy files from the Samba server to a Windows XP SP2 machine (connection made from Windows), it copies a couple of files, and then everything just freezes - Samba doesn't send any more packets, and I have to reconnect all connections.

SSH connection is untouched, and this phenomenon concerns only files copied via Samba.

Anyone else seen this?

I solved it by setting:

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=4096 SO_SNDBUF=4096

in smb.conf.

I wonder if it's specific to ARM?

When I usen 8192 instead of 4096, I had these mysterious hangs and disconnections.

Linux cifs clients had this logged by the kernel when it happened:

 CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 46 mid 1887
 CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -11
 CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 46 mid 3313
 CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -11
 CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 46 mid 4125
 CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -11
 CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 46 mid 4361
 CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -11
 CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 46 mid 4752
 CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -11

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org