I have found in the past that restarting samba has corrected this particular issue
I had similar problems in the past where a flaky network would lead to a users connection dropping out. I used "reset on zero vc", it greatly improved the situation (and we are slowly replacing the dodgy gear/cabling).

Obviously there is something causing the problem in the first place and you should try to track down what the problem is and fix it, in the mean time reset on zero vc might help make it more manageable.

-- Michael Heydon