Daniel O'Connor, on 6/27/2007 9:14 AM, said the following:
On Wednesday 27 June 2007 21:58, Charles Marcus wrote:
 > While slower, it has benefits for something like a database
 > server. For a home machine, the added expense and slower speed are
 > not worth it. Not exactly a definitive answer as there is gray
 > area but for a production server, I'd throw in ecc

Well, this contradicts what John just said, which is why I asked for
an AUTHORITATIVE source.

John? Anyone? White paper? Unbiased tests/comparison?

I have seen performance penalties for ECC of 0% to 5% range.

Ok, not *that* much, and definitely worth the hit if it does indeed provide that much more reliability.

Thanks for the links...

--

Best regards,

Charles