I have a Samba 3.0.24-7 on Fedora 6 as a member of an Windows NT 4.0 domain, with a simple share setup with ACLs. The permissions on the share from Windows XP Pro Security tab shows Everyone, and root (Unix Group\root) without any Permissions. When trying to add permissions from XP while logged on as CPDOM+admin the error is display "Unable to save permission changes on "share name" on "server name" Access is denied. Files can be copied to the share but can't be opened. Below is the smb.conf. I believe ACLs would work if I add access. I tried setting the ACLs using setfacl and then the permissions show full control from XP, but I'm still unable to change permissions or open files.

[global]

   winbind separator = +
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   winbind use default domain = no

   security = domain
   workgroup = CPDOM
   netbios name = FILE_SRV
   password server = XSERVER
   server string =

[data]
   comment = FILES
   path = /files
   guest ok = yes
   create mask = 0777
   writeable = yes
   nt acl support = yes
   oplocks = no
   browseable = yes
dos filemode = yes admin users = CPDOM+admin

Hans