richid pisze:
Hey all,

I have a fileserver running Debian Etch and Samba 3.0.24 that I use to serve
media and private home directories.  I have a couple roommates, and
therefore have a couple accounts on the box for those users.  I had
everything working perfectly until last week when my system drive took a
crap.  I've reinstalled everything exactly the same (I think?) but now I am
having problems with some accounts not being able to connect to the shares. My username can connect to my home share and the communal media share just
fine.  When I try to connect to another users home share or to the media
share with their username, I keep getting the password dialog box.  I've
ensured that they are in smbpasswd and that their password is correct.  I've
also verified this using smbclient.
DETAILS:

The log file is reporting this error when I try to connect:
    make_connection: connection to IPC$ denied due to security descriptor.
I'm having the same problem after upgrading from 3.0.22 to 3.0.24 (or higher). I saw that serveral people are having exact same problem as us, but noone answered yet. I can join to domain but cannot login into it.
Shares/printers are visible correctly.

--
Karol Makowski
KOELNER SA IT Department