I expect to be giving idmap_nss a try in the next week or so.  I'll let you
know how it works out.

________________________________

        From: brandon hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:30 PM
        To: Michael St. Laurent
        Cc: Hansjörg Maurer; samba@lists.samba.org
        Subject: Re: [Samba] Retry: Mapping AD domain users to UNIX users

        About two months ago I actually tried setting up an enviornment in
vmware with samba plus using active directory RFC 2307 schema extensions to get
username information mapped properly between multiple nfs and samba servers.

        I failed because I think documentation at that time using idmap_nss was
lacking. I found lots of winbind howtos and documentation, but very little
regarding what I wanted to do. I would definately use the latest samba
(3.0.25+), even though installing it on solaris is a nightmare, you'll be
better off in the long run.

        Has anyone successfully done this? I got everything working including
kerberos and joining the domains, except for a proper smb.conf file.