On 5/24/24 14:37, Ralph Little wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 8:02 AM Marco Moock <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:

    Am 24.05.2024 um 08:55:39 Uhr schrieb Richard:

    > I recently purchased an HP Smart Tank 7602 all-in-one
    > printer, which includes a scanner. My installation of the
    > sane and xsane software was not able to recognize the
    > scanner and I did not see this printer or the 7600 series
    > of printers listed among the supported devices.

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index
    HP Smart Tank 7300 series       3.21.8

    Which hplip version is installed on your OS?

-- Gruß
    Marco

    Send unsolicited bulk mail to 1716533739mu...@cartoonies.org

Yeah, further, make sure you have the hplip packages installed.
HP's support for their multifunction machines are good for scanning which is why we don't have native SANE support for them.

Cheers,
Ralph

I have hplip-3.23.12 installed and it works for printing, but I
don't know how to implement scanning if sane doesn't detect
the scanner.

Richard