This mail was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mark Bucciarelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Python 2.0.1 and higher.

Quoting from http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html:

More recent PSF releases, in particular 2.0.1, 2.1.1, and all releases since then, are
GPL-compatible.

[Note to Admin: ARGHH!  I read the "Do not click back button after this point below"
and thought that meant I could click it before this point.  WRONG.  So I think I just
created two project records--realtime and realtime1.  If you approve my entry, I would
like "realtime", please.  Sorry for the screwup.]
Package: RealTime1
System name: realtime1
Type: non-GNU

The purpose of this free software project is to provide an office calendar solution
that is easy to install and use.  It will allow people to store their appointments in
a central database, to share their calendars with other users, and import and export
to Palm Pilot and Microsoft Outlook.

This project also has some political / business goals.  It is being funded by Blue
Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts and will be a demonstration project that may
lead to larger grants to fund more free software development.  The idea is that you
pay the programmer as you pay a lawyer or an accountant--for their services.  Once the
program is built, it is freely distributed amoung hundreds of interested organizations.

It is currently at an alpha release.  I wanted to license it with the GPL, but I think
I may need to use the Python license because of the libraries I am depending on.  It
uses NSIS to create a one-click installer for Windows (the initial target market) but
will install on any platform that supports Python 2.2.

There are many of similar applications out there.  The things that distinguish this
one are: (1) we have money to pay a graphic designer, so the interface will have
colors that match :)  (2) it will be a simple install on any platform, (3) it will
provide a one-click installer for windows that will help wean users of their
proprietary calendar application.

Other Software Required:
medusa - asynch http server
quixote - pythonic web devel. framework
kirbybase - file-based db (for now)

Other Comments:
[See my note to admin in licensing section.  I messed up while registering this
project and would like the name to be realtime, not realtime1.]

Just a note on my other savannah project: reakt.  I'm not sure which way to go with
it, as I have found two other projects that provide similar functionality and are
libre.

http://crm-ctt.sourceforge.net/
relata

(although relata is closing up their source.)

I can either: (1) upload the last relata GPL stuff or (2) work on my own version that
fits in with realtime.

There's a possiblity that the latter option may be funded.  Just wanted to let you
know I haven't forgotten about it.  :)