Update of sr #111092 (group administration):

                Category:                    None => Savannah website
             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you for reporting this problem.  It is most appreciated.  I am very
sorry this caused you so much frustration.

There was an out-of-sync case between the web site PHP and the database scheme
for one of the fields.  It was requiring a field to be present that has not
previously been required.  I modified the database schema to match.

This occurred because we upgraded the database system to the latest version.
Which upgraded the MariaDB database software. Which brought forward more
strictness in checking conditions. This condition has been in the system
probably since the introduction of that field. Decades maybe. Years
certainly.

I believe modifying the table schema this fixes the problem. I reproduced the
problem, then modified the schema, then tested and I was able to register a
new account fully.  Seems to be okay.  Please try registering the account
again.  Thank you again for your problem report!

Note that I have one more database upgrade in the queue for today. During that
time I will need to take the registration page offline again during that time
period. I will try to keep that short. I update the status on the maintenance
page when I do it so that users are informed of the status.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?111092>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/