Hi,

Just a notice that Romain actually implemented kicking (as the "stop"
command if I followed correctly) and per-mount passwords. See
http://savonet.rastageeks.org/ticket/139 for details.

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Dimitris Nastos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Our DJ's use SAM Broadcaster to stream their music to Icecast. When
> there's nothing playing (i.e., temporary network congestion, no song
> queued up, no voice), SAM streams nothing, although it remains
> connected. Icecast does not disconnect, but liquidsoap gets the
> following error:
>
> 2008/05/12 00:27:23 [stream.mp3:2] Read error Unix.Unix_error(2, "read", "")
> 2008/05/12 00:27:23 [/dj0:2] Feeding stopped: Mad.End_of_stream
>
> Which is kinda normal, but unless I have a way to define a timeout,
> liquidsoap will start jumping back and forth between live and playlist
> in case of temporary stream interruptions. Currently I am using a
> transition with a few seconds of blank to work around this.

Regarding this issue, you can try playing with the buffer size
parameters (cf. liquidsoap -h input.harbor) so that if the
interruption is less than the buffer size, liq doesn't switch back to
automated playlist. If that doesn't work, then I should try to
understand why.. Anyway, buffering a lot of data might have its
problems, in which case using a transition seems sensible.

Cheers,
--
David