Right. I didn't think of that.  I changed the path to reflect what the ~ would
reflect. This time I got.

Starting liquidsoap channels: christmaslive.liq FATAL ERROR: PID directory
"/home/marrie125/.opam/system/lib/liquidsoap/var/run/liquidsoap" does not exist.
To change it, add the following to your script:
  set("init.daemon.pidfile.path", "<path>")
OK

I don't remember having to set any of these folders' paths. It's been 2 years
since I had to modify the script. *smiles*

Take care and have a happy Friday.