In terms of creating a SDLC, pop out to Borders and get Howard and Lipner¹s
³The Security Development Lifecycle² ISBN 9780735622142

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/8753.aspx

It is simply the best text I¹ve read in a long time.

You may be interested in the work Mark Curphey et al is doing at his new
start up. They launched an ISM portal a couple of weeks back.

http://www.ism-community.org/

If you¹re just after ideas on how to engage vendors, check out Curphey¹s
blog for some nice insider posts:

http://securitybuddha.com/2007/03/07/top-10-tips-for-hiring-web-application-
pen-testers/
http://securitybuddha.com/2007/03/07/top-ten-tips-for-hiring-security-code-r
eviewers/
http://securitybuddha.com/2007/03/08/top-ten-tips-for-managing-technical-sec
urity-folks/

He ran Foundstone¹s services for a while, and built up a pretty good
consultancy.

The sort of metrics you¹re after are notoriously hard to find out in the
wild. There¹s some folks capturing screenshots of enterprise dashboards.
This may or may not help at all.

http://dashboardspy.com/

Thanks,
Andrew