Personally I think secure coding should be included in the entire
curriculum irrespective of the level. People learn habits early on
that they tend to carry for as long as they are programmers. How many
programmers that learned the K&R style of indentation for example
continue to use it as their default style even when they have learned
new languages.

Having just done a quick survey of the programming books on my shelves
I don't find security or secure coding covered much if at all. I doubt
that is because some business guy came down to the author and told him
to excise security from the book. If basic security and secure coding
practices are not integrated into programming from the beginning it is
an add on, and hence not a natural component of the (art|science) of
programming and much easier to skip.

I have started teaching my 12 year old son C programming at home. We
started off with a basic "Hello World", then added his name as a
variable, then a loop to print different names, then added the ability
to take the name as input from the command line. At each step we added
in a bit of exception handling, and once we got to user input data we
added basic data and input validation. Each new version of the program
had a test plan and had to handle exceptions. This is a very simple
example and is not something production ready, but every step showed
him how to program without leaving security out.

In my opinion, any educational program that deals with computers or
networks should have security and secure coding woven into it. The
amount and type of secure coding depends on the subject. A management
class that calculates costs and ROI of a project should have metrics
for the cost of security or robustness failures. Networking classes
should have secure configuration integrated. Software
engineering/design would need to have appropriate modules on
encryption, identity management, etc, etc.

In the end I think the question should be: "Is there a place where
does security and secure coding NOT belong in a curriculum?"