On 22/04/13 06:47, W K Daniel PUN wrote:
Hi John, & other,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did try to use atrpms.  After installing vlc, the system keep asking
me to update a few libs and when I did it and got following errors.  The
vlc is working fine with my system at the moment.  I don't want to
remove the repos epel and rpmforge from my system.  Do I really need to
get these updates done?  If don't, how can these update messages be
stopped coming?  Or, should --skip-broken be used to work around as
suggested?

Thanks,
-Daniel.

You now have a mixed set of packages; I warned you about that. I don't think you need to remove the other repos, but you ought to try disabling them during the installation process. Todd's script looks as if it will do that - although you might now need to reinstall rather than upgrade - but other conflicts may emerge. I shall probably be working with variants of that script to reconfigure my Fedora box, but my experience of mixing these repos is limited.

John P