On Sun, 5 May 2013, Paul Robert Marino wrote:

Elrepo is your problem they often push untested updated drivers.
Use the drivers that came with the kernel they may not have all the features
but they should work.
Do not install kmod-8169.

At ELRepo we actually advise people to use the drivers that come with SL/RHEL/CentOS/ if those work fine. But we do provide alternative drivers (usually from the hardware vendor or a more recent kernel) for those people who lack support from their distribution and do need working hardware.

So I'd expect anyone turning to ELRepo for drivers to have an issue with the official drivers in one way or the other.

But it's true we don't (and cannot) test every driver against the myriad of hardware that it supports, and in those cases people request drivers we do have a staging repository for testing those drivers. On the other hand one would expect drivers from the vendor to be tested by the vendor.

Whatever the case, we provide an alternative, we don't force our drivers onto anyone. So if ELRepo is your problem, it must have been self-inflicted :)

--
-- dag wieers, d...@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, i...@dagit.net, http://dagit.net/