SL6 ships with texlive 2007.  As you have found this is somewhat old, but
it's what TUV provides, so it's what we get.

I notice that the fedora texlive yum repo has EL6 packages for texlive
2011.  You may want to try that, though I have not tested them myself.

You can find the packages here:
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/packages.el6/
I have installed packages from this site to upgrade the native texlive on
fedora, but haven't tried the el6 packages.

Jeff

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM, W K Daniel PUN <danielw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you very much for all those who have replied my query.
>
> I did install "TeX support" when I installed SL 6.4., but have found that
> the LaTeX system has not been completely installed.  What I mean is that
> some style files *.sty or *.dtx are missing or out of date.  I need to get
> them from ctan.org or somewhere else.  For example, I recently compiled a
> package that needs to use "hyperref", but I got a lot of errors, because
> the hyerref is the system is old version (2007/02/07 v6.75r), I need to
> obtain a new version (2012/11/06 v6.83m) from ctan.org and installed it.
> After installing the new version of hyperref, I got a lot of style file
> missing.  It took me a while to work out what I need is the "oberdiek"
> package.
>
> I am not sure how the LaTeX community works, but assume that when all new
> packages, style files, *.ins *.dtx, new version files are stored in
> ctan.org.  There should be a way to install/update a complete (with all
> existing packages, new packages, and new version packages) TeX distribution
> on SL.  It seems other platforms can do that.
>

> For example, hyperref ctan.or
>

> On 19 May 2013 04:09, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM, W K Daniel PUN <danielw...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I haven't been able to find a way to install the whole comprehensive
>> > TeX/LaTeX distribution on Scientific Linux.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a clue?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > -Daniel.
>>
>> Start with the "tetex" components in the yum repository? If those
>> aren't complete, you can also look at the tetex and tetex-tex4ht
>> SRPM's and see what packages are listed in their .spec files, or build
>> them and see what you get.

Jeffrey Anderson                        | jdander...@lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory   |
Office: 50A-5104E                       | Mailstop 50A-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208                     | Fax: 510 486-4204