On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Larry Linder <
larry.lin...@micro-controls.com> wrote:

> Comment:
> Fedora 19 with the latest Gnome desktop is written for a tablet.   It only
> takes 6 mouse clicks to do anything useful - Hope RH 7 will allow a person
> select an older version of KDE or Gnome.
> I would hate to think of the number of "mouse ites" injuries we could have.
> Is there a number of simpler desktops available.
> The new KDE is useless, Gnome in Fidora 19 is terrible so where do people
> who
> need a no BS computer go?

I agree with you about Gnome3.  I don't mind the latest KDE (4.10), but
agree that it may be too heavy for some.
Fedora19 shipped with "MATE" as an option, though I don't think it is
installed by default.  It is a fork of Gnome 2 and may be suitable.
yum groupinstall "MATE Desktop"   to get it.

LXDE and IceWM are still available through simple yum updates from the
standard Fedora repo as well.

Jeff

Jeffrey Anderson                        | jdander...@lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory   |
Office: 50A-5104E                       | Mailstop 50A-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208                     | Fax: 510 486-4204