Hi guys.

Recently, I've installed SL on a Asus R401V. Works fine, except because
this laptop comes with keyboard backlight and several special function
keys. Reading some forums and pages, I need to load asus_wmi module.
Problem is, I cannot find this module into  oficial repositories (and I
would'nt use other). Therefore, easiest way is to compile a new kernel.

At this point, I tried with latest kernel version (3.10.9 at this moment).
Compiling kernel is'nt too hard. But, using "make rpm" created 2 RPM's:
Kernel itself and headers. Ok, I installed these 2 on a Virtual Machine (Of
course, I cannot test if my function keys work, but I saw several kernel
modules for "Asus" disabled by default). New kernel worked, but I need to
make some changes at /boot/grub and generate the initrd and some other
files manually). This is my question... Can you recommend me some howto
where it explain how to build custom kernel, exporting into a rpm and
auto-generate all necesary changes without making them manually?... Like
yum, when I install a new kernel, automatically I see a new entry in GRUB.

Thanks for your help :)

--
Fernando Andrés Muñoz Bravo
*Tg.* Análisis y Desarollo de Sistemas de Información