 From: Earl Ramirez <earlarami...@gmail.com>
To: Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "scientific-linux-users@fnal.gov" <scientific-linux-users@fnal.gov>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: How a user can execute a file from anothe user

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 11:06 -0700, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
> Hi
> I want to grant users to access (read/execute) some files and folders
> inside my home directory. Using chmod seems to be insufficient. For
> example I have made an executable file public for all
>

> [mahmood@tiger ~]$ chmod 777 test
> [mahmood@tiger ~]$ ls -l test
> -rwxrwxrwx. 1 mahmood mahmood 8026 Sep  2 12:18 test

Are all this taking place on the same system?

You can create a group and put all the users in that group, this way
they will only have access to that particular directory. Then do the
following:

$ groupadd pubgrp
$ chown -R mahmood.pubgrp /home/mahmood/test
$ chmod -R 2770 /home/mahmood/test

--

Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez