I suggest go to centos faq and locate an article on how to remove all 686
(or _64) rpms first.
I made this (mixing two archs) mistake a few years ago and to clean the
system up was a real pain. It was suggeated to me at the time to do a fresh
(re)install. Looking back, the time it took to clean up and resolve all
errors.... it was a very good advise.