On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Steve Gaarder wrote:

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, John Pilkington wrote:

 But my original point was that glib2-2.36.3-5, which I see in SL7x, was
 incompatible with the new (in epel-testing) qtwebkit, which needed
 glib2-2.40.0-4 from SL7rolling built off TUV's 7.1

 It seems that what I see as SL7x is still 7.0.  The naming of the download
 sites may have me confused.  I'm using yumex.

I see this also with libgtop2.  I currently cannot install the Mate
group because the packages in EPEL require libgtop-2.0.so.10, which is
in the package libgtop2-2.28.4-7.el7.x86_64.rpm, which in turn is only
in SL7rolling.  This suggests that EPEL is built against 7rolling,
which seems like a really bad idea.

Thinking about this some more, I assume that EPEL is actually built against the latest from TUV, so 7.1 in this case. Correct? If that is true, then I just need to be patient and wait for SL to release 7.1. Then the question is: how patient do I need to be?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
gaar...@math.cornell.edu