On 05/20/2015 05:00 AM, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
Hi ToddAndMargo!

  On 2015.05.19 at 21:04:10 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote next:

I am trying to do this with wget:

wget --connect-timeout=20 --read-timeout=1  --quiet  \
http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility/ -O -

Problem: the site takes FOREVER to complete its download.  Dribble,
dribble, dribble.  Occasionally is just stops.  And wget hangs.

I fired this web page up in Firefox ten minutes ago and it is still

Is there a way to get wget to just time out after a while?

curl has -m option for that

Hi Vladimir,

I just finished incorporating this in to a huge updates script
I wrote.  It is working marvelously.  Thank you!

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.