On 05/13/2016 07:06 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Stephen Berg (Contractor)
<stephen.berg....@nrlssc.navy.mil> wrote:
Having an issue with the df command.  I need it to show me a filesystem's
physical mount point, but since I use NFS and automounts quite a bit it
chooses to show me the automount mount point instead.  It's screwing up the
monitoring software I use, check_mk.

For instance:
/dev/VolGroup/home    /export/home        xfs    defaults    1 2

That gets mounted as shown, but as soon as I login, the automounter will
mount it as /home and the check_mk check for that filesystem goes into an
unknown state since it can't find it any longer.

I've been unable to find any way to get df to show only physical mount
points and ignore automount mount points.  I'm seeing this behavior on most
all my SL7.2 systems, SL6.7 doesn't seem to have this issue.
Try this:

     df -P --si | grep ^/dsev/

The "^/dev/" restricts it to real physical mount points, the "-P" puts
it in more pareseable POSIX format, nad the "--si" is just for
legibility.

Still doesn't fix the problem.

Mount points that are available on the local hardware under /export/home/ *AND* through the automounter under /home/ show up under /home/ when they should be showing up under their actual mount point, /export/home/.

It seems that df is preferring whichever mount point is shorter. Which seems extremly arbitrary and rather stupid.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator