Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 07:57:31 +0100
From: Andrew C Aitchison <and...@aitchison.me.uk>
To: kei...@keithl.com
Cc: scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov
Subject: Re: Book/Paper technical illustrations - inkscape?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

 I am considering Inkscape as a technical illustration
 tool for latex documents (papers and book chapters).
 Suggestions for better tools?

Inkscape would be my first choice, but I'd also consider
xfig    (included in SL6; for SL7 you may need to get it from epel)
dia     www.gnome.org/projects/dia
Zirkel / CaR (Compass and ruler)
         http://car.rene-grothmann.de/

One interesting feature of dia is that it can be used
to generate sql schema.

--
Andrew C Aitchison              Cambridge, UK