Hello,

Are you creating the custom iso with pungi or a different tool?

Pat

On 05/24/2018 01:17 PM, Bill wrote:
I am creating a custom installation ISO using kickstart.  This install ISO is
based on SL 7.2.

When I burn a DVD from this ISO I can boot from the DVD and the install menu
come up as expected.

When I use dd to copy the ISO to a USB key and try to boot from the USB key the
install menu does not appear and the system boots from the hard drive.

I tried using dd to copy the SL7.2 ISO to a USB key.  When I try to boot from
this USB key the install menu comes up as expected.

What files on the SL7.2 have to do with booting from the USB key?

Is there a mkisofs option I should be using to make booting USB key work?

--
Pat Riehecky

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
www.fnal.gov