On 4/27/21 8:41 AM, LaToya Anderson wrote:
[snip]
Tell me, how many Black people are in this group? And what practices have been put into place to ensure you retain Black people? In other words, what has been done within this group to check bias to.ensure that you have a diverse group of people working together to improve this OS?

As someone with minority heritage myself, I say it doesn't matter. This isn't the place to re-imagine history and play political victim games. Take that to social media. I don't subscribe to this list for political bs.

I *do* subscribe to this list as a source of technical information around an OS that I use where I can be a part of a community comprised of people all over the world that helps others regardless of what their beliefs or political views. The only colors on this list I see are the black text on white background with blue links in my email.

There's a right time and right place for your conversation, and it isn't in this list.

As I've heard the saying: "the best way to lose friends is to talk politics". How about we just stay on list-topic about how much we appreciate Scientific Linux?

~S~