Troy Dawson wrote:
Hello,
I want to thank everyone who has migrated their clusters to their own mirrors. This has really helped the load on ftp.scientificlinux.org, and hopefully made updates quicker for you as well.
Thank You Very Much
Troy
Dear Troy,

Persons using SL in our Institute has a problem that they can not update their SL version using package updater (pup) due to firewall restrictions. But we can download the necessary files from ftp.scientificlinux.org and keep it available to the users. Kindly tell me how to setup the mirror which will be used only for updates of SL5.x. We want to keep ONLY those files which are needed for updating SL5.x systems and not the whole set of directories and files. Also please indicate how to instruct pup to use this repository for updating SL.

With Thanks and Regards,

J S Jayakumar