I've installed SL5.4 on an ASUS eee S101 netbook that my lab has purchased.
Reviews say Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 9.10 work "flawlessly" (Ubuntu).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220595

I usually use SL, so I've installed 5.4.   lscpi indicates that the ethernet
controler is Atheros (AR8121 ...) and wireless is atheros (AR928X).  There are
no "atheros" entries in the other card adaptor lists in the network
configuration submenus.  So,  neither the ethernet card nor wireless adaptors
are recognized?

The README file from downloading atheros driver from madwifi shows  latest
download is 2/08.   README says lspci should show it as "unknown" and a 0x168x
vendor ID.   lspci -v indicates both ethernet  (8324) and wireless (1a3b:1067)
are unknown devices.  I'm guessing madwifi is not going to not work.  Looks
like I need special software.

For lab usage, I don't need networking.  It would be nice to update software
etc.  I'd install ubuntu if it gave me networking capability and which is not
available via current RHEL5 SL distro.

thoughts?
Bill Lutter