On 04/04/2011 12:48, Alan Bartlett wrote:
On 4 April 2011 09:59, Raimondo Giammanco [VKICC]<giamm...@vki.ac.be>  wrote:

  I've just tested once again the card with ubuntu, now I'm 100% positive it
works (i.e. the e1g44etblk was the only wired port during iperf, eth0 was
disconnected).

  It works with ubuntu 10.04 server:
kernel 2.6.35-24-server
igb version 2.1.0-k2

It remains to be seen where the problem comes in SL (tested kernel:
2.6.32-71.18.2.el6.x86_64)

I'll see if I can compile kernel version 2.6.35 on SL or if the problem is
linked to my boot parameters (noapic acpi=off).
Hi Raimondo,

Thank you for keeping this m/l updated with the results of your
experiments. I would suggest the following steps:

(1) Check the Red Hat bug tracker for any related issues.
(2) Review the need for your current boot parameters.
(3) Build your own testing kernel from the latest stable long-term
support tarball (linux-2.6.35.12.tar.bz2).

Regards,
Alan.
Hello Alan,

I did not check the RedHat bugzilla, but on the desktop machine once I removed "noapic acpi=off" the network card works no problem!

 So I put back the cards on the original server...

Unfortunately there I have now "BAR 1 no parent found for of device bla bla" at boot and the process hangs when I remove those flags...

This is a clearly a separate issue, I'll see if I need to reintroduce some parameters on the boot command line..

 Thanks for the support..

Raimondo