I have a lab box, running SL6 32 bit (AMD Sempron 3000+ 32 bit) with 2gb RAM, I
have a test I would like to run with the thing and create a small virtual
network in the box, but I am finding that I cannot do so, when I run
virt-manager I get the following error....

Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'qemu:///system':
No connection driver available for qemu:///system
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 992 in_try_open

I am guessing, but I could be wrong, since this doesn't work in an installation
of the "upstr4eam vendor 6.0" that the issue is most likely that KVM
virtualization is not supported in the 32 bit kernel. Is that correct?

I am making do using Virtual Box, but that adds additional overhead to a small
machine to start with. I am really hoping to use kernel space virtualization if
possible...

Another option, if anyone might have a lead on it, I can always upgrade the CPU
to an Athlon 64 Socket 754, but where can I find a good one? This is for a work
related, but personal project, so the funding has to come out of my wallet...

David B. Hostetler. RHCSA, Linux +, MCP
System Adminstrator, ITAMS
JSC Building 46, Room 110A
email to: david.b.hostet...@nasa.gov
281-483-1495 Office           832-205-1585 Mobile

ITAMS - Information Technology And Multimedia Services Contract
"One Team, One Vision >> Partnered For Innovative Solutions"