Don't forget to include "scientific-linux-us...@fnal.gov" <scientific-linux-us...@fnal.gov> in reply-to ;)

-Chris

On 11-04-26 2:23 PM, Jason Bronner wrote:
what chris said. anything that consumes data is going to benefit from
linux on the backend whether it be network attached storage or stupid
mysql boxes you can just cable onto the router. they dont go down,
they don't crash, and they're dirt cheap to piece together RAID
backpanes in cases, slap linux on, and use for any form of a data dump
somewhere on your production network. ill occasionally prostitute
myself making multi terabyte NAS units for home theatre installations,
and dropping linux on them in terms delivering a low cost unit makes
them very attractive.