This is probably one of the best reasons to use LVM.

Do some research on LVM and the benefits you can get from using it - specifically the ability to easily resize 'partitions' (volumes in LVM talk) and easily manage space.

My system has a 2Tb RAID6 that has approx 10 different volumes for different Xen DomUs and it is a piece of cake to add/remove/resize volumes on the fly.

I've found messing with partitions directly on a disk can be quite troublesome - especially if you need to modify things later...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: net...@crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au