On 4/08/2011 2:14 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Matej HALAC<m.ha...@cpce.net>  wrote:
On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 10:41 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Matej HALAC<m.ha...@cpce.net>  wrote:

Also host servers get this message in the logs:
        kernel: kvm: 2323: cpu0 unimplemented perfctr wrmsr: 0xc1 data 0xabcd

I myself have a ML150 G6 with Intel Xeon E5504 that runs SL6 and libvirt
with a Windows server without a hitch.

Any advice is appreciated since I tried looking for the solution and
nothing helped me.

You get this on both servers? If you can spare the time, test one of
the other virtualization technologies.

Yes these messages are present on both machines and also the Windows
image crashes on both as well. The specific machine worked without
problems on my ML150 so I doubt it's a problem with the Guest image.

I'm afraid this is a level of problem where buying a server license
from our favorite upstream vendor would help get you access to the
technical support of the people who are actually writing it. And I'm
afraid I'm not personally very happy with KVM based virtualization. If
the GUI is that bad, it makes me concerned about the quality of the
rest of the backend.

At the risk of blowing my own horn here, this is why I still use Xen. True, I have to do a bit of extra work - however hopefully my work makes things simple for others.

I put up a guide here on how to use Xen in EL6:
http://www.crc.id.au/xen-on-rhel6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6-howto/

I still find Xen much better than KVM...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: net...@crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au