On 09/11/2011 10:04 PM, Kevin Thomas wrote:
I forgot to answer your question as to which intel driver is being loaded. I ran lspci and grepped for intel and the result is below. It's a very vague "vga" reference, but according to Intel, the core i7 processor has integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics, if that helps at all.

I'm certainly no expert with hybrid graphics; but perhaps you'll need a more bleeding edge distro for bleeding edge hardware? Perhaps download an ubuntu 11.11 beta or fedora 16 beta live dvd and see if it can boot cleanly? Just a thought...

Chris