On 12/09/11 04:18, Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Kevin Thomas<axel2...@gmail.com>  wrote:
You are correct that when you install the kmod-nvidia package, it
automatically disables nouveau and blacklists it for you, but I didn't know
there was a new nvidia xorg.conf file created.  After I installed the
kmod-nvidia package again, I restarted and modified the kernel arguements to
include the intel.disable=1 arguement, but the result was the
same....eventually the screen flickered a few times and it stopped booting,
although I could still open a terminal via alt+F2.  I'm not sure what to try
next. Someone requested some command output from me in a different email,
which I provided, but I'm lost now.  I didn't think it would be this
difficult.

Kevin

Can you somehow disable the Intel graphics (in the BIOS perhaps) and
see if that helps? Just in case the intel.disable=1 argument is not
working as intended...

Akemi

If not, perhaps try the kernel argument i915.disable=1 assuming it's the i915 driver it's trying to load?