After much searching, I found for my wife a laptop that we could afford given that her Department had no funds to replace her stolen laptop, one that does work under EL including the 802.11 WNIC. It is a Lenovo G570 that uses an Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000 (SandyBridge) graphics/video controller. The supplied display is 15.6” HD screen (1366x768), 16:9 widescreen. The 1366x768 resolution is not one of the choices, and I am not certain that the default VESA Xwindows driver has this resolution. Thus, the display is not optimum.

Does anyone either have experience with this unit (I did hunt on Linux on Laptops) or with the correct Xwin driver for Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000 and/or the 1366x768 screen?

Yasha Karant