Hi Yasha,

On 10/17/2011 03:37 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
After much searching, I found for my wife a laptop that we could afford
given that her Department had no funds to replace her stolen laptop, one
that does work under EL including the 802.11 WNIC. It is a Lenovo G570
that uses an Intel Integrated HD Graphics 3000 (SandyBridge)
graphics/video controller. The supplied display is 15.6” HD screen
(1366x768), 16:9 widescreen. The 1366x768 resolution is not one of the
choices, and I am not certain that the default VESA Xwindows driver has
this resolution. Thus, the display is not optimum.

Does anyone either have experience with this unit (I did hunt on Linux
on Laptops) or with the correct Xwin driver for Intel Integrated HD
Graphics 3000 and/or the 1366x768 screen?

The intel driver for the SandyBridge built-in graphics controller is not compatible with the Sl5.7 kernel, so I don't think that SL5.X is suitable for that hardware.

I would expect SL6.1 to be ok though.

Matthias

Yasha Karant