I remember that no much time ago there was an incompatibility with Proftpd
and Filezilla and I remember some other problems with these two programs.

For example:
http://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23101

I suggest you to search on Google for your specific problem to be sure that
the cause is your computer, because maybe it is not. With gFTP or another
ftp client does it work?

best regards