On 2013/01/23 08:51, Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM, jdow <j...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Is there a kernel update for SL 6.2 coming up soon?

It seems elrepo released a new set of nvidia modules that don't work
with the 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 kernel. That one only supports
through nvidia 304 and the download is 310.

Copying a note from Phil Perry on the ELRepo list:

"Just a quick note to say kmod-nvidia-304xx and nvidia-x11-drv-304xx
legacy packages have now been released to the main repositories for
both el5 and el6.

These packages support 6xxx and 7xxx based graphics cards.

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia-304xx "

So, you'd need to install kmod-nvidia-304xx to stay with the 304 series.

Akemi

So I have to downgrade all four upgraded modules?
kmod-nvidia, both nvidia*, and vino modules?

I can do it. But they released 310 modules rather than 304 modules
yesterday.

{^_-}