On 01/28/2013 10:43 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
 On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, zxq9 wrote:

 On 01/28/2013 03:17 AM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
  Hello,

  Anyone running LibreOffice on a Server?
  Appreciate ideas on how to implement some of the MS office features
 on a
  Web Server

  TIA

 No idea what features you are looking to implement, but if the goal
 is to have your web server generate ODF files natively...

 I've found it a lot easier to generate ODFs directly from templates
 rather than go through LibreOffice. I've written tools to do this for
 me from within Django and Snap but haven't gone to the trouble to
 generalize (or clean up) the solution. ODF turns out to be
 wonderfully easy to generate, parse, manipulate, etc. and is now the
 only XML format that doesn't make me gag.

 This might not be at all the direction you are trying to head in, but
 if it is a "generate docs/spreadsheets/charts/etc from source data"
 type problem don't write off the idea of generating your own from an
 extension to your web framework.

 If you're looking into generating ODF output from a structured
 language (for documentation/publishing purposes) take a look at:

     http://github.com/dagwieers/asciidoc-odf

 Unfortunately, Github broke native asciidoc support for the README, so
 you better read that from:

     https://github.com/dagwieers/asciidoc-odf/blob/master/README.asciidoc

 Kind regards,

thanks to all for the suggestions