On 01/31/2013 01:46 AM, Andras Horvath wrote:
(Resending my message again, the answer at the top might have caused an
issue)

On the login screen, first you have to select your user, and _then_
will the menu appear at the bottom in the middle with the selection
possibility of XFCE or Gnome. Before the selection any user, there
won't be any of such menu.

       No, that did not work either, the option is simply missing.

       But, I have been using Fedora for a long time and forgot the
       obvious due to systemd on recent versions where it was easier
       just to use the graphic start screen. The solution is simply to
       set /etc/inittab to level 3 and after rebooting I can now log-in
       and enter "startxfce4" and I am back in familiar territory with
       a desktop I know how to deal with. All is happiness and light
       once more!

       Thanks all,

       Bob

--