On 02/08/2013 08:56 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Paul Robert Marino<prmari...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I should be making some samba4 rpms soon but mine will not start with
fedora. RedHat has this insane idea that they are going to fix MIT kerberos
5 after more than a decade of it being broken. So they've stripped out the
embedded heimdal kdc. The problem is it doesn't work properly without
heimdal. And the latest version of heimdal is compatible with the kdc in
windows server 2012.
Ps don't worry I'm not going to replace the mit libraries or client that
would be crazy instead I'm going to install them heimdal versions in
different locations.
??? Oh, boy. I interviewed there for a QA role on the IPA project.
(Good role, I think I just didn't have the deep Kerberos chops they
were looking for.)

I've grabbed the Fedora 18 SRPM and am trying to backport it. It has
these missing dependencies in SL 6:

         iniparser
         libldb # breaks dependences for sssd on old libldb version
         libtalloc
         libtdb
         libtevent
         systemd # the new init script scheme in recent Fedora releases

For a number of those dependencies, Samba 4.0.2 won't even compile on
SL 6 without updates.

I looked at systemd a ways back, getting that on SL6 is basically impossible. By the time you've chased its dependencies there aren't a whole lot of core libraries that you've left alone.

Pat

-- Sent from my HP Pre3