On 05/17/2013 02:41 PM, Jeffrey Anderson wrote:

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Todd And Margo Chester
<toddandma...@gmail.com <mailto:toddandma...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 05/14/2013 12:01 PM, David Sommerseth wrote:

        On 13/05/13 09:49, R Morris wrote:

            Hi All,

            I had this recently when I did ctrl-c in the middle of a
            long 'yum -y
            update'
            and was left with 161 duplicate packages and a feeling of
            deep regret....

            i had to write script to do

            rpm -e <packag> --nodeps

            on a list of the duplicate packages. The system is now fully
            functional again
            and I have learnt my lesson!

        Couldn't yum-complete-transaction (from the yum-utils package)
        help you
        clean up this?  At least let it complete and then clean up the
        packages
        you don't need/want afterwards.  This should (in theory at
        least) do the
        same thing in a more safe and controlled manner.

        kind regards,

        David Sommerseth

    # yum-complete-transaction
    Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
    32 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    No unfinished transactions left.

Perhaps 'package-cleanup --cleandupes'

'man package-cleanup' for details.

Jeffrey Anderson                        | jdander...@lbl.gov

# package-cleanup --cleandupes
Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
32 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
No duplicates to remove