On 05/17/2013 05:57 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
On 18 May 2013 01:38, Todd And Margo Chester <toddandma...@gmail.com> wrote:

# package-cleanup --cleandupes
Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
32 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
No duplicates to remove

I've now lost track of the ins-and-outs of this thread but perhaps
this script [1] may help. It runs in test-mode by default (no action
is taken). When executed with the "--notest" flag, then the actual
work is done.

A typical usage sequence would be:

./rpmdup_remover.sh
./rpmdup_remover.sh --notest
yum update

Alan.

[1] http://www.centos.toracat.org/ajb/scripts/rpmdup_remover.sh

Hi Alan,

Thank you!  The script unscrambled things to the point that
I was able to finish the job manually.

I had a duplicate "qt" in both 32 bit and 64 bit.  I removed
the 32 bit.  Now things are much better behaved.

I also found that if you add "--setopt=protected_multilib=false"
to your yum run string, you don't get the protected error,
but the just kicks the can down the road.

-T