The issue is that the application would not pass configure without disabling these options. I have tried the various pre-built RPMs for vlc that have been mentioned, but all the ones that I have found have dependencies that cause conflicts with other versions of the same dependency (typically, some .so package). Because the linux application environment is not polymorphic with encapsulation, one cannot have both versions of some such dependency installed.

I do have a version of vlc that does run but for which I do not have an RPM; by copying that binary, its libraries, and its support directory tree from machine to machine, we have a functional but rather old vlc.

Hence, I am looking for a set of RPMs or a set of source code applications/libraries that will build under SL6x to allow me not to required that these codecs be disabled.

As I supplied the list, does anyone have the information to allow me to address the above? Presumably, once built, I can repackage the lot as a tar.gz file or even a non-stock RPM for EL6x . Obviously, I could do this for the crippled (disabled codecs) version of vlc-2.0.7 that I currently have built. Also presumably, once this issue is addressed for vlc-2.0.7, it will stay addressed until vlc-3 must be built.

Yasha Karant