Yes a lot of us noticed.
Recompiling an entire distro from scratch is not an easy proposition. Furthermore they need to strip out all of the Red Hat branding. Expect it to take a while at least a month or two if not more.

As far as helping I'm sure the offer is appreciated but due to certain legal grey areas the process of recompiling Red Hat into an other distro is generally a closed process done internally by the group respinning it. The best way you can help is assisting with the QA testing when the betas start to come out.

-- Sent from my HP Pre3