On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Yasha Karant <ykar...@csusb.edu> wrote:

> The ElRepo Nvidia driver seems to have erased (not backed up) the default
> X11 xorg.conf file on a Dell Precision T1700 with an addon Nvidia
> card.

If you are sure the xorg.conf file existed but has been removed with no
backup, then it was not done by ELRepo. I suggest you look into the code.
You will find that ELRepo's package would not remove xorg.conf without
backing up.

In the %post section:

[code]
# Check if xorg.conf exists, if it does, backup and remove [BugID # 0000127] [
-f %{_sysconfdir}/X11/xorg.conf ] && \ mv %{_sysconfdir}/X11/xorg.conf
%{_sysconfdir}/X11/xorg.conf.elreposave &>/dev/null[/code]

Hope you can find the real cause of the trouble you are having.

Akemi