There might be no need to be sad, I think.
Simple principles should prevail - and if with such a change we will get bigger user base, more developers working more closely together, the same one Bugzilla for everything then.. it can only be better for the software, better for everybody. Especially when so much is shared already. Everything else, any differences can, should always be discussed then agreed upon, only if people are willing.
bw.

On 12/01/16 09:51, Andreas Mock wrote:
Indeed a very interesting question, I will follow the answers.
I was and I am very happy with the work done in SL 6.x. So I'm sad
to see that there might be a change in direction.

Best regards
Andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov [mailto:owner-
scientific-linux-users@listserv.fnal.gov] Im Auftrag von lejeczek
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2016 10:48
An: SCIENTIFIC- LINUX- USERS@ FNAL. GOV
Betreff: a year later - CERN move to Centos - what are we doing?

hi everybody,

I've wondered and got curious, what do you guys, gals think
about that move?
More importantly do you think it's a step we SL users should
also consider?
CERN mention there were talks between them, Fermilab - what
are Fermilab plans with regards to future releases, with
regards to SL in general? (Not much info on the website.)
I personally am just about to trial a migration from SL7 to
Centos. I'm thinking it's inevitable, am I wrong?

best wishes.